Washburn High School
Class of 1959
"Time of Remembrance"
WHS '59 - 60th Class Reunion
June 20 through June 23 2019
Greetings friends of many decades, actually several score!
Your faithful local WHS'59 graduates are preparing a terrific lineup for our 60th, and possibly last,
spectacular multi-day event. You are certainly aware that June 20-24, 2019 are the dates, and some of the
specifics are as follows:
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ACTIVITES ARE OPEN TO
CLASSMATES, SPOUSEES, CAREGIVERS, PALS, ETC.
We intend to follow the successful format of the fabulous fiftieth and fifty-fifth events:
- Thursday, June 20,2019 -- Golf Scramble, location to be determined. Organized by Chris Makres,
Clayt Schirmer, Jay Thompson, John Marsolis, Bill Karnes
- Friday, June 21, 2019 -- Continental Breakfast, Lyceum, Memorial Service, Lunch and class meeting at our
alma mater (first floor, handicap access), 9:00a.m. to about 2:00p.m.
- Lyceum Presenters include: Five classrooms, all on the first floor and with audio-visual capability will be available
to use, as well as the auditorium for our Remembrance Program.
- Roger Anderson - A political scientist runs for congress.
- Stan Borman - World Travel photography.
- George Christoferson - Playing with diatoms for fun and profit.
- Chris Foster Meloni - Growing up in Mussolini's Italy.
- John Kennedy - Indian Affairs (or possibly) Ancestry.
- Nancy Langer - Wild animal photography on location.
- Howard Thorsheim - Aging meaningfully and successfully.
Topics/bios will be included in the invitation mailing next spring.
We are expecting a few others who have given tentative commitments. If you had an interest or unusual career
or have a specialty skill, you have something to share with us. Please contact George Christoferson, Lyceum
chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-291-4509 if you should like to participate as a presenter or as a room
monitor/host for one session to introduce the presenter and keep an eye on the time. 30 minutes per session.
- Friday evening, June 21, 2019 -- Classmates Social. Spouses and others welcome to attend.
Poor Richards Commonshouse, 8301 Normandale Boulevard in Bloomington 4:30 - 9:00. Appetizers, cash bar, 50's & 60's
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 -- Bus tours.
History of Minneapolis - Rolf Svendsen - 3 1/2 hours.
Art Museums - Minneapolis Institute of Arts - Docent directed. Walker Sculpture Garden and Russian Museum
(time permitting) 4 hours.
- Saturday evening June 22, 2019 -- Dinner, dancing, open mike and reminiscences, Lost Spur Supper Club,
Egan. Reminiscences will be on "open mike" and should be 2-3 minutes in length remembering an memorable event,
departed classmate or inspiring teacher, a current or longtime friend.
There are many event details still to be finalized, with strong emphasis on location, parking, eas of access,
and other amenitioes that will make the gathering an enjoyable experience for everyone. In order to our cost
details, space requirementsand Lyceum session scheduling, we need some information from you as what events you would
attend and weather or not you will be accompanied by a spouse/guest.
In any case, we need to hear from you regarding this reunion. Send us your ideas and
recommendations. Fill out the information sheet that was sent to you or email us for a
copy of the information sheet. Don't forget your 2018 class dues, still only $25.00.
The Reunion Committee for the future will be Nancy Hallman Pinzka, Chair; Lorna Plowman Best, Correspondence;
George Christoferson, Treasurer, and the following committee members: Jenneane Kunitz Anderson, Dick Bergman,
Bonnie Nordstrom Frane, Peter Landmark, Mary Mammen, Paul Neuville, Larry Rennerfeldt, Jim Rummel, Jim Rustad,
Rolf Svendsen, Kay Thomas, Bill Wangensteen.
The Reunion committee really appreciates everyone who contributes to the success of reunion 60.
WHS Class of 1959 Reunion Committee
Copyright © 2019 World Wide Web Foundry, LLC. All rights reserved.
Problems With This Website